B1561 Possible Causes
- Faulty Door Lock Cylinder
- Door Lock Cylinder harness is open or shorted
- Door Lock Cylinder circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1561
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1561 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1561 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1561 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1561 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Door Lock Cylinder. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Door Lock Cylinder is not to factory specifications.
B1561 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1561 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals