B1552 Possible Causes
- Faulty Decklid Release Switch
- Decklid Release Switch harness is open or shorted
- Decklid Release Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1552
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1552 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1552 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1552 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1552 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Decklid Release Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Decklid Release Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1552 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1552 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals