B1550 Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Window Master Switch
- Power Window Master Switch harness is open or shorted
- Power Window Master Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1550
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1550 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1550 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1550 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1550 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Power Window Master Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Power Window Master Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1550 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1550 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals