B1544 Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Direction Switch Assembly
- Seat Direction Switch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Seat Direction Switch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1544Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1544 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1544 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1544 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Seat Direction Switch Assembly. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Seat Direction Switch Assembly is not to factory specifications.
B1544 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1544 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals