B1543 - Seat Direction Switch Assembly Circuit Failure
B1543 Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Direction Switch Assembly
- Seat Direction Switch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Seat Direction Switch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1543 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1543 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1543 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1543 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Seat Direction Switch Assembly. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Seat Direction Switch Assembly is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1543 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals