B1542 Possible Causes
- Faulty Mirror Driver Switch Assembly
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1542
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1542 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1542 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1542 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1542 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly is not to factory specifications.
B1542 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1542 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals