B1540 Code - Mirror Driver Switch Assembly Circuit Open
|B1540 code possible causes
- Faulty Mirror Driver Switch Assembly
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
|How is the B1540 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1540 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1540 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1540 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1540 code meaning?The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B1540 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1540 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals