B1540 Possible Causes
- Faulty Mirror Driver Switch Assembly
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Mirror Driver Switch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1540
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1540 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1540 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1540 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1540 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Mirror Driver Switch Assembly is not to factory specifications.
B1540 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1540 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals