B1518 KIA - Seat Belt Buckle Switch Passenger Instability
B1518 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Belt Buckle Switch Passenger
- Seat Belt Buckle Switch Passenger harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Buckle Switch Passenger circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
How is the B1518 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1518 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1518 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1518 KIA MeaningSeat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) is located in driver and passenger side seat. The Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) checks if the seatbelt is buckled by the signal of SBBS. SRSCM controls air bag module and Seat Belt Pretensioner (BPT) differently in accordance with vehicle speed at the moment of collision and signal from SBBS.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1518 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1518 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.