B1512 KIA Code - Buckle Switch Driver Short Or Short To Ground
|B1512 KIA code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS)
- Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How is the B1512 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1512 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1512 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1512 KIA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1512 KIA code meaning?Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) is located in driver and passenger side seat. The Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) checks if the seatbelt is buckled by the signal of SBBS. The SRSCM controls air bag module and Seat Belt Pretensioner (BPT) differently in accordance with vehicle speed at the moment of collision and signal from SBBS.
|Need more information with the B1512 KIA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1512 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1512 KIA code?Get the B1512 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.