B1512 HYUNDAI - Buckle Switch Driver Short Or Short To Ground
B1512 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS)
- Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
How do I fix code B1512 HYUNDAI
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1512 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1512 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1512 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1512 HYUNDAI MeaningSeat-belt Buckle Switch (SBBS) is located in driver and passenger side seat. The Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) checks if the seatbelt is buckled by the signal of SBBS. The SRSCM controls air bag module and Seat Belt Pretensioner (BPT) differently in accordance with vehicle speed at the moment of collision and signal from SBBS.
B1512 HYUNDAI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1512 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.