B1511 - Driver Door Handle Circuit Failure
B1511 Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Door Handle
- Driver Door Handle harness is open or shorted
- Driver Door Handle circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1511 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1511 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1511 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1511 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Driver Door Handle. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Driver Door Handle is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1511 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals