B1499 Possible Causes
- Faulty Lamp Turn Signal Left
- Lamp Turn Signal Left harness is open or shorted
- Lamp Turn Signal Left circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1499
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1499 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1499 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1499 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1499 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Lamp Turn Signal Left. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Lamp Turn Signal Left is not to factory specifications.
B1499 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1499 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals