B1499 - Lamp Turn Signal Left Circuit Failure
B1499 Possible Causes
- Faulty Lamp Turn Signal Left
- Lamp Turn Signal Left harness is open or shorted
- Lamp Turn Signal Left circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1499 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1499 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1499 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1499 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Lamp Turn Signal Left. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Lamp Turn Signal Left is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1499 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals