B1497 - Decklid Punch-Out Sensor Battery Short
B1497 Possible Causes
- Faulty Decklid Punch-Out Sensor
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1497Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1497 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1497 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1497 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B1497 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1497 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals