B1494 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Cylinder Sensor
- Ignition Cylinder Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Cylinder Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1494
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1494 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1494 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1494 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1494 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Ignition Cylinder Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Ignition Cylinder Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B1494 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1494 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals