B1492 - Ignition Cylinder Sensor Open Circuit
B1492 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Cylinder Sensor
- Ignition Cylinder Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Cylinder Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1492 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1492 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1492 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1492 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Ignition Cylinder Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Ignition Cylinder Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1492 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals