B1489 - Door Handle Right Front Short To Battery
B1489 Possible Causes
- Faulty Door Handle Right Front Sensor
- Door Handle Right Front Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Door Handle Right Front Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1489 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1489 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1489 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1489 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Door Handle Right Front Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Door Handle Right Front Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1489 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals