B1485 HYUNDAI Code - 2nd Stage Passenger Airbag Resistance Too High
|B1485 HYUNDAI code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Airbag
- Passenger Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How is the B1485 HYUNDAI code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1485 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1485 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1485 HYUNDAI code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1485 HYUNDAI code meaning?The Passenger Airbag circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) and the Passenger Airbag (PAB) which has two squib circuits. The SRSCM sets above the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of PAB squib is too high or low.
|Need more information with the B1485 HYUNDAI code?Need more information on how to fix the B1485 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1485 HYUNDAI code?Get the B1485 Hyundai code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.