B1484 Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Pedal Position Switch
- Brake Pedal Position Switch harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pedal Position Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
How do I fix code B1484
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1484 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1484 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1484 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1484 MeaningFused battery voltage is supplied to the Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Switch from Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse along the circuit. When the brake pedal is pressed, the BPP switch supplies fused battery voltage to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the SJB along the circuit.
B1484 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1484 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals