B1474 HYUNDAI Code - Driver Curtain Airbag Resistance Too Low
|B1474 HYUNDAI code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib
- Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib harness is open or shorted
- Driver Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How is the B1474 HYUNDAI code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1474 HYUNDAI code
The cost to diagnose the B1474 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1474 HYUNDAI code possible symptoms?
|What is B1474 HYUNDAI code meaning?
The Curtain Airbag (CAB) Squib circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Curtain Airbag. It causes the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied. The OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recorded when the CAB resistance too high or low is detected in the CAB squib circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.