B1464 Possible Causes
- Faulty Seat Belt Switch
- Seat Belt Switch harness is open or shorted
- Seat Belt Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1464
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1464 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1464 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1464 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1464 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Seat Belt Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Seat Belt Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1464 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1464 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1464 Information for specific makes
- B1464 CHRYSLER Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit Shorted Together
- B1464 DODGE Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit Shorted Together
- B1464 FORD Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 4 No Sub Type Information
- B1464 JEEP Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit Shorted Together
- B1464 LINCOLN Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 4 No Sub Type Information
- B1464 MERCURY Charge Port Light Ring LED Segment 4 No Sub Type Information
- B1464 RAM Channel 1 Audio Speaker Output Circuit Shorted Together
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.