B1448 KIA - Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor Defect
B1448 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor
- Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Classification (OC) Module
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
How is the B1448 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1448 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1448 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1448 KIA MeaningThe Passenger Occupant Classification System consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) and the Occupant Classification (OC) Module. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recorded when a defect or communication error of the OC module is detected in the OC module circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1448 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1448 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.