B1436 - Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil Circuit Short To Battery
B1436 Possible Causes
- Faulty Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil
- Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil harness is open or shorted
- Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1436 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1436 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1436 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1436 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1436 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals