B1431 INFINITI Code - Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner Circuit
|B1431 INFINITI code possible causes
- Faulty Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner
- Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner harness is open or shorted
- Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit
|How is the B1431 INFINITI code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1431 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1431 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1431 INFINITI code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1431 INFINITI code meaning?The Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner is wired to the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the Right Seat Belt Pre-Tensioner.
|Need more information with the B1431 INFINITI code?Need more information on how to fix the B1431 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1431 INFINITI code?Get the B1431 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.