B1428 - Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay Circuit
B1428 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay
- Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Switched Power Run/Crank Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1428 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1428 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1428 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1428 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) controls the Run/Crank relay through the run/crank relay coil control circuit by applying voltage to the circuit. The Run/Crank relay is energized when the ignition switch is in ON or START, or when a remote start is requested. The OBDII codes set when the BCM detects a short to ground in the run/crank relay coil control circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1428 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals