B1420 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Power Window Motor
- Passenger Power Window Motor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Power Window Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1420
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1420 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1420 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1420 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1420 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Passenger Power Window Motor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Passenger Power Window Motor is not to factory specifications.
B1420 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1420 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals