B1417 FORD Code - Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor
|B1417 FORD code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor
- Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
|How is the B1417 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1417 FORD code tech notesB1417:11 Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor Circuit Short to Ground
B1417:93 Passenger Frontal Restraints Sensor No Operation
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1417 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1417 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1417 FORD code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1417 FORD code meaning?The Restraint Control Module (RCM) monitors the RH front impact severity sensor circuits for the following faults: Open circuit, Short to voltage, Short to ground, Faulted RH front impact severity sensor. If a fault is detected, the RCM stores Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1417 in memory and sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the airbag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B1417 FORD code?Need more information on how to fix the B1417 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1417 FORD code?Get the B1417 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.