B1414 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Side Restraints Sensor 1
- Driver Side Restraints Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Restraints Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
How do I fix code B1414 FORD
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1414 FORD Tech NotesB1414:11 Driver Side Restraints Sensor 1 Circuit Short to Ground
B1414:93 Driver Side Restraints Sensor 1 No Operation
Cost of diagnosing the B1414 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1414 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1414 FORD Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1414 FORD MeaningThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) monitors the driver front door and RH C-pillar side impact sensors and circuits for the following faults: Open circuit, Short to voltage, Short to ground, Faulted driver front door side impact sensor, Faulted RH C-pillar side impact sensor. If a fault is detected, the RCM stores DTC B1414 in memory and sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the airbag warning indicator. The RCM communicates with each impact sensor. If the RCM is unable to communicate with the sensor, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored in memory. A Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (CMDTC) no operation can be set by a short to voltage on the return circuit of the impact sensor.
B1414 FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1414 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.