B1409 - Driver Power Window Up Circuit Short To Ground
B1409 Possible Causes
- Driver Power Window Regulator Electric Motor
- Faulty Master Window Regulator Control Switch
- Faulty Front Electronics Module (FEM)
- Master Window Regulator Control Switch harness is open or shorted
- Master Window Regulator Control Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1409 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1409 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1409 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1409 MeaningThe driver power window is controlled by the Front Electronics Module (FEM). The driver power window regulator control switch and motor are hardwired directly to the FEM. The FEM will read the window regulator control switch actuation and provide the corresponding output to the window motor. If one-touch operation is selected, the FEM powers the driver window motor for seven seconds or until the FEM senses the motor is stalled. If the window track, regulator or glass weatherstrips cause the glass to bind, the FEM may interpret this as a motor stalled condition and halt motor operation.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1409 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals