B1400 HYUNDAI Possible Causes
- Faulty Front-Driver Side Impact Sensor (SIS)
- Front-Driver Side Impact Sensor (SIS) harness is open or shorted
- Front-Driver Side Impact Sensor (SIS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)
How do I fix code B1400 HYUNDAI
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1400 HYUNDAI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1400 HYUNDAI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1400 HYUNDAI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1400 HYUNDAI MeaningThe Side Impact Sensor (SIS) is located on both side of the center pillar detects a broad collision. When SIS delivers collision signal to Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM), SRSCM checks if safing sensor located in SRSCM detects a collision. and if both SIS and the safing sensor detects collision simultaneously, SRSCM operates side air bag.
B1400 HYUNDAI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1400 HYUNDAI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.