B1381 - Oil Change Reset Button Circuit Open
B1381 Possible Causes
- Faulty Oil Change Reset Button
- Oil Change Reset Button harness is open or shorted
- Oil Change Reset Button circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the B1381 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1381 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1381 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1381 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Oil Change Reset Button. The PCM sets the OBDII code when the Oil Change Reset Button is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1381 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals