B1378 KIA - Front-Driver Side Airbag Resistance Too High
B1378 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Front-Driver Side Airbag
- Front-Driver Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Front-Driver Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
How is the B1378 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1378 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1378 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1378 KIA MeaningThe Side Airbag located in driver and passenger seat protects passenger head and shoulder. The Side Airbag consists of airbag and inflator. The airbag reduces the impact of a collision by filling up gas. Inflator keeps gas and uses it to deploy airbag on collision. The Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of Side Airbag is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1378 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1378 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.