B1363 GMC Code - Driver Belt Pretensioner Short to Ground
|B1363 GMC code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Belt Pretensioner
- Driver Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Driver Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1363 GMC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1363 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1363 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1363 GMC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1363 GMC code meaning?When the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the driver belt pretensioner by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
|Need more information with the B1363 GMC code?Need more information on how to fix the B1363 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1363 GMC code?Get the B1363 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.