B1362 Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Belt Pretensioner
- Driver Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Driver Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1362
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1362 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1362 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1362 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1362 MeaningWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the driver belt pretensioner by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
B1362 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1362 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1362 Information for specific makes
- B1362 BUICK Driver Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too High
- B1362 CADILLAC Driver Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too High
- B1362 CHEVROLET Driver Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too High
- B1362 GMC Driver Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too High
- B1362 HYUNDAI Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too Low
- B1362 KIA Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too Low
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.