B1361 KIA - Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner Resistance Too High
B1361 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner
- Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Front-Driver Seat Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
How is the B1361 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1361 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1361 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1361 KIA MeaningThe Seat Belt Pretensioners (BPT) are located at both sides of the center pillar. The Seat Belt Pretensioner tightens seat belt before air bag deploys to protect the passenger from bumping against crush pad, steering wheel, and front window. In the Seat Belt Pretensioner, there are an ignition circuit and cylinder for rewinding belt. Gas chamber generates an expansive force of gases to push the piston in the cylinder to lock the seat belt. The Seat Belt Pretensioners circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Seat Belt Pretensioners. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of BPT squib is too high or low.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1361 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1361 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.