B1352 - Ignition Key-In Circuit Failure
B1352 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Key-In Switch (Part of the ignition switch)
- Ignition Key-In Switch harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Key-In Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
How is the B1352 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1352 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1352 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1352 MeaningThe Instrument Cluster (IC) receives the key-in-ignition warning status from the Smart Junction Box (SJB) over the Medium Speed Controller Area Network (MS-CAN). The key-in-ignition warning switch (part of the ignition switch) is hardwired to the SJB through the circuit. When the key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder, the key-in-ignition switch closes and supplies voltage to the SJB. The SJB monitors the door ajar input from the LH front door and the key-in-ignition switch status. When the key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the LH front door is open or ajar, the SJB sends the IC a chime request message to sound the key-in-ignition warning chime. The headlamps on warning chime sound when the driver door is opened with the ignition switch in the OFF position, the key is not in the ignition lock cylinder, and the headlamp switch is in the PARK or HEADLAMP ON position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1352 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1352 BUICK Passenger Front Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1352 CADILLAC Passenger Front Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1352 CHEVROLET Passenger Front Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1352 FORD Ignition Key-In Circuit Failure
- B1352 GMC Passenger Front Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1352 HYUNDAI Passenger-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Resistance Low
- B1352 KIA Passenger-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Resistance Low
- B1352 LINCOLN Ignition Key-In Circuit Failure
- B1352 MERCURY Ignition Key-In Circuit Failure