B1345 Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Rear Window Relay
- Faulty Heated Rear Window Switch
- Faulty Heated Rear Window Grid
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
First diagnose B1345 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1345 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1345 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1345 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1345 MeaningWhen the rear defrosts switch on the climate control assembly is pressed, a ground signal is sent to the Smart Junction Box (SJB) on the circuit. The SJB then grounds circuit. This energizes the heated rear window relay, allowing voltage to be supplied to the heated rear window grid through the circuit. The OBDII code sets when the Heated Backlite Input is not to factory specifications.
B1345 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1345 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1345 Information for specific makes
- B1345 FORD Heated Backlite Input Circuit Short to Ground
- B1345 INFINITI Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Error
- B1345 LINCOLN Heated Backlite Input Circuit Short to Ground
- B1345 MERCURY Heated Backlite Input Circuit Short to Ground
- B1345 NISSAN Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Error