B1338 Possible Causes
- Faulty Door Ajar Right Rear Switch
- Door Ajar Right Rear Switch harness is open or shorted
- Door Ajar Right Rear Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1338
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1338 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1338 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1338 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1338 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Door Ajar Right Rear Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Door Ajar Right Rear Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1338 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1338 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals