B1331 KIA - Passenger-Side Front Impact Sensor Short To Ground
B1331 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger-Side Front Impact Sensor (FIS)
- Passenger-Side Front Impact Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger-Side Front Impact Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
How is the B1331 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1331 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1331 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1331 KIA MeaningThe detecting system for the front crash consists of the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Front Impact Sensors (FIS). The Front Impact Sensors are located at both sides of the front of the engine room. When FIS delivers collision signal to SRSCM, SRSCM checks if safing sensor located in SRSCM detects collusion, and if both FIS and the safing sensor detects collision simultaneously, SRSCM operates front airbag. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) (s) if it detects that any FIS is defective or there is a communication error between any FIS and the SRSCM.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1331 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1331 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.