B1322 KIA Code - Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor Defect
|B1322 KIA code possible causes
- Faulty Occupant Classification (OC) Module
- Occupant Classification Module harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Classification Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How is the B1322 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1322 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1322 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1322 KIA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1322 KIA code meaning?The Passenger Occupant Classification (OC) System consists of the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) and the OC Module. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recorded when a defect or communication error of the OC module is detected in the OC module circuit.
|Need more information with the B1322 KIA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1322 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B1322 KIA code?Get the B1322 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.