B1316 - Battery Saver Relay Coil Circuit Short To Ground
B1316 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Saver Relay
- Battery Saver Relay harness is open or shorted
- Battery Saver Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1316 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1316 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1316 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1316 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Battery Saver Relay. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Battery Saver Relay is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1316 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals