B12BE MERCURY - Heated Backlight/Mirror Relay Drive Circuit Shorted To Battery Voltage
B12BE MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Relay
- Rear Window Defrost Relay harness is open or shorted
- Rear Window Defrost Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Switch
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Grid
- Faulty Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module
First diagnose B12BE MERCURY code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B12BE MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B12BE MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B12BE MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B12BE MERCURY MeaningThe Rear Window Defrost Relay receives power from the Battery Junction Box (BJB). When the rear window defrost switch is pressed to the ON position, the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module activates the rear window defrost relay by grounding the circuit. When activated, the rear window defrost relay supplies 12 volts to the rear window defrost grid on the circuit. The rear window defrost grid is grounded through the circuit.
B12BE MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B12BE MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals