B1288 - Video Display Mode Control Signal
B1288 Possible Causes
- Faulty Video Display
- Video Display harness is open or shorted
- Video Display circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1288 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
DTC B1288 02 Video Display Mode Control Signal Short to Ground
DTC B1288 04 Video Display Mode Control Signal Open Circuit
What is the cost to diagnose the B1288 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1288 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1288 MeaningThe radio can control the video display mode on vehicles equipped with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) video. The radio varies a Pulse With Modulated (PWM) signal to the rear entertainment video screen to command the display mode. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the radio detects a short to voltage, short to ground, or an open/high resistance in the video display mode control circuit 400 ms after the radio activates the remote enable circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1288 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1288 BUICK Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 CADILLAC Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 CHEVROLET Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 FORD Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure
- B1288 GMC Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 LINCOLN Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure
- B1288 MERCURY Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure