B1288 Possible Causes
- Faulty Video Display
- Video Display harness is open or shorted
- Video Display circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1288 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B1288 Tech NotesDTC B1288 01 Video Display Mode Control Signal Short to Battery
DTC B1288 02 Video Display Mode Control Signal Short to Ground
DTC B1288 04 Video Display Mode Control Signal Open Circuit
Cost of diagnosing the B1288 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1288 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1288 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1288 MeaningThe radio can control the video display mode on vehicles equipped with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) video. The radio varies a Pulse With Modulated (PWM) signal to the rear entertainment video screen to command the display mode. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the radio detects a short to voltage, short to ground, or an open/high resistance in the video display mode control circuit 400 ms after the radio activates the remote enable circuit.
B1288 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1288 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1288 Information for specific makes
- B1288 BUICK Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 CADILLAC Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 CHEVROLET Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 FORD Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure
- B1288 GMC Video Display Mode Control Signal
- B1288 LINCOLN Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure
- B1288 MERCURY Rear Lock Motor Common Circuit General Signal Failure