B1287 Code - Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
|B1287 code possible causes
- Faulty Amplifier
- Amplifier harness is open or shorted
- Amplifier circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Radio Unit
|How is the B1287 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1287 code tech notesDTC B1287 01 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Short to Battery
DTC B1287 02 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Short to Ground
DTC B1287 04 Amplifier Control Signal Circuit Open
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1287 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1287 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1287 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1287 code meaning?The radio provides a remote amplifier mute output circuit to control overall muting of the remote amplifier. The amplifier receives Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signals on the control circuit at varying duty cycle percentages for controlling muted and unmuted functions of the amplifier. Circuitry internal to the radio monitors the remote amplifier mute circuit for faults and sets the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) when faults are detected.
|Need more information with the B1287 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1287 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1287 code information for specific makes
- B1287 BUICK Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 CADILLAC Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 CHEVROLET Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 FORD Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit
- B1287 GMC Amplifier Control Signal Circuit
- B1287 LINCOLN Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit
- B1287 MERCURY Central Lock Switch Illumination Circuit