B1274 - Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent Circuit Short To Battery
B1274 Possible Causes
- Faulty Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent
- Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent harness is open or shorted
- Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module
How is the B1274 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1274 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1274 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1274 MeaningThe Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module monitors the Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent. The HVAC Module sets the OBDII code when the Servo Motor Potentiometer Vent is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1274 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals