B1271 Code - Theft Protection Active
|B1271 code possible causes
- Reprogram Control Module
- Faulty Control Module
- Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1271 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1271 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1271 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1271 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1271 code meaning?When the Control Module is initially installed in the vehicle, the Control Module receives Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) information via serial data. The Control Module stores a portion of the VIN and compares this sequence to the VIN information received each time the Control Module powers on. The VIN in the Control Module is a single one-time learn.
The Control Module theft deterrent system is intended to disable or limit Control Module functionality if incorrect vehicle information is received by the Control Module. The Control Module disables functionality if the VIN information received by the Control Module does not match the VIN information that has been learned by the Control Module. This DTC is generated by the module when the Theft Protection is activated.
|Need more information with the B1271 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1271 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1271 code information for specific makes
- B1271 BUICK Theft Protection Active
- B1271 CADILLAC Theft Protection Active
- B1271 CHEVROLET Theft Protection Active
- B1271 GMC Theft Protection Active
- B1271 LEXUS Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops
- B1271 SCION Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops
- B1271 TOYOTA Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops