B1271 Possible Causes
- Reprogram Control Module
- Faulty Control Module
- Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1271
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1271 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1271 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1271 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1271 MeaningWhen the Control Module is initially installed in the vehicle, the Control Module receives Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) information via serial data. The Control Module stores a portion of the VIN and compares this sequence to the VIN information received each time the Control Module powers on. The VIN in the Control Module is a single one-time learn.
The Control Module theft deterrent system is intended to disable or limit Control Module functionality if incorrect vehicle information is received by the Control Module. The Control Module disables functionality if the VIN information received by the Control Module does not match the VIN information that has been learned by the Control Module. This DTC is generated by the module when the Theft Protection is activated.
B1271 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1271 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1271 Information for specific makes
- B1271 BUICK Theft Protection Active
- B1271 CADILLAC Theft Protection Active
- B1271 CHEVROLET Theft Protection Active
- B1271 GMC Theft Protection Active
- B1271 LEXUS Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops
- B1271 SCION Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops
- B1271 TOYOTA Combination Meter ECU Communication Stops