B1270 - Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost Circuit Short To Battery
B1270 Possible Causes
- Faulty Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost
- Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost harness is open or shorted
- Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module
How do I fix code B1270
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1270 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1270 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1270 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1270 MeaningThe Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module monitors the Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost. The HVAC Module sets the OBDII code when the Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost is not to factory specifications.
B1270 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1270 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals