B1253 MERCURY Code - Air Temperature Internal Sensor Circuit Short To Ground
|B1253 MERCURY code possible causes
- Faulty Air Temperature Internal Sensor
- Air Temperature Internal Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Air Temperature Internal Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module
|How is the B1253 MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1253 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1253 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1253 MERCURY code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1253 MERCURY code meaning?The Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module monitors the Air Temperature Internal Sensor. The EATC sets the OBDII code when the Air Temperature Internal Sensor is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B1253 MERCURY code?Need more information on how to fix the B1253 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals