B1253 MERCURY - Air Temperature Internal Sensor Circuit Short To Ground
B1253 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Air Temperature Internal Sensor
- Air Temperature Internal Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Air Temperature Internal Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module
First diagnose B1253 MERCURY code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1253 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1253 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1253 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1253 MERCURY MeaningThe Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module monitors the Air Temperature Internal Sensor. The EATC sets the OBDII code when the Air Temperature Internal Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B1253 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1253 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals