B1246 - Problem In The Rear Air Mix Control Motor Circuit, Linkage, Door, Or Motor
B1246 Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Air Mix Control Motor
- Rear Air Mix Control Motor harness is open or shorted
- Rear Air Mix Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Climate Control Unit
How is the B1246 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1246 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1246 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1246 MeaningThe Climate Control Unit monitors the Rear Air Mix Control Motor. The Climate Control Unit sets the OBDII code when the Rear Air Mix Control Motor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1246 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals