B1243 LEXUS - GSW Terminal Circuit Malfunction
B1243 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
- Airbag Sensor Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Airbag Sensor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Main Body ECU
How is the B1243 LEXUS code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1243 LEXUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1243 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1243 LEXUS MeaningIf the collision door lock release function does not operate normally, or an open or short in the GSW input circuit of the Main Body ECU is detected, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1243 will be stored.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1243 LEXUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1243 Lexus code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.