B123B - Right Front Turn Indicator Circuit Short
B123B Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Front Turn Indicator
- Right Front Turn Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Right Front Turn Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B123B code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B123B:15 Right Front Turn Indicator Circuit Short To Battery or Open
What is the cost to diagnose the B123B code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B123B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B123B MeaningThe Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) monitors the multifunction switch position. When the multifunction switch is in the left or right TURN position, the SCCM sends a turn signal switch_status message over the communication network to the Body Control Module (BCM) indicating a request for the left or right turn signal. When the BCM receives a request for a turn signal, the BCM supplies on/off voltage to the appropriate turn lamps.
The timed on/off cycle for turn lamps is determined by the BCM and is set to flash approximately 80 times per minute if both the front and rear turn signal lamps operate correctly. If an individual turn signal lamp is inoperative, the BCM fast flashes the remaining turn lamp approximately 160 times per minute to indicate a bulb outage to the driver. The OBDII sets when the BCM detects the front, rear or exterior mirror turn lamp output is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B123B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B123B CHRYSLER PTS Sensor 10 Circuit Low
- B123B DODGE PTS Sensor 10 Circuit Low
- B123B FORD Right Front Turn Indicator Circuit Short
- B123B JEEP PTS Sensor 10 Circuit Low
- B123B LINCOLN Right Front Turn Indicator Circuit Short
- B123B MERCURY Right Front Turn Indicator Circuit Short
- B123B RAM PTS Sensor 10 Circuit Low